Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-eighty-two: Gas and other

I should have stuck with the Dining from an Empty Bowl diet. Instead, I was so encouraged by a couple pretzels I ate that I had a salad at Applebee's. Then I had a little more on the road and finally ate dinner. I've been paying for it ever since.

My bedroom this round is in the loft. At least for this night, I am alone. Unfortunately it is also the pool and puzzle room. All my daughters and their husbands left after they got the puzzle finished. After a few practice rounds of pool, and notes for this blog, I went to bed.

Earlier the women beat the men in pool. After my first game of this return trip, in which I appeared invincible, my playing was quite vincible. (Obviously, or the women wouldn't have beaten us.)

Today is exactly half way in my subsidized Life after Layoff. I have another idea for an Internet business but haven't been making much progress on anything other than visiting on this visiting trip. I needed exactly this as I am unlikely to be able to do it in this manner at any other time, unless there is a huge stock market recovery.

No comments: