Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-sixty-nine: Rainy Day

Say nay to hay today. Today reminded me of most of my adult visits to WV, rainy. It has been probably well over a full 24 hours of rain. I can say I'm glad it wasn't snow, but some small part of me would have liked seeing it. I think I would have also liked it cooler.

We went out to Chinese today. Even though my Broccoli with Garlic Sauce was supposedly vegan, it wasn't very good for me. It was loaded with fat. It was good tasting though. We did better for dinner, pinto beans with brown rice.

After reading Dr. Dean Ornish's book, Program for Reversing Heart Disease, I'm thinking about becoming non-vegan for skim milk and non-fat yogurt. The only soy, or rice, milk or yogurt products I can find have substantial fat.

In both Ornish's book and Dr. Neal Barnard's book, Food for Life, are 21-day menus. I find them very unrealistic for one person. I don't see how I could have that variety for each meal, both for the amount of time it would take to prepare the dishes and the amount of leftovers I would have to store.

Maybe I should some people with heart disease who will pay me to cook for them. I don't really think so. This option is not even in my top ten career choices for my Life after Layoff.

Thinking back to my "time it would take" about cooking, I could never have dreamed that I would literally have all the time in the world in my Life after Layoff, but still never enough time.

Oh well, if I am going to take advantage of my earlier start to bed, I should complete my getting to it. I think my parents would like some morning alone time. They keep telling me to sleep a good eight hours.

No comments: