Friday, December 12, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-sixty-three: Family history

I really enjoyed listening to my father and my cousins talk about his family and his sister's genealogy work. They, in turn, talked about their family. In fact, there were a lot of family stories and pictures. My father has been visiting family graveyards and relatives across the country, particularly for family on his mother's side: Clarkson and Miller. He now corresponds by email to quite a few of them.

All of this made me think of a couple of other "tours" I would like to take in this Life after Layoff: A "Family" tour, where I visit the relatives we know spread across the country. The problem is, I don't know them. (I will need to get a copy of his addresses and phone numbers.) And a "Nostalgia" tour, where I visit places, and maybe people, from my past.

Even the family I do see, other than immediate, mostly come to see me while I'm visiting immediate family.

Tonight the visitors were friends of my parents and oldest sister. They did not come to see me but I got to enjoy their visit anyway.

Once again, there were lots of good food, all of it good tasting but only some of it good for me, especially in the quantities I ate of it.

No comments: