Friday, December 19, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-seventy-two: Losing in two states

I was so industrious this morning that my packing was done in plenty of time to lose in cribbage, setback, and pool before I had to get on the road.

Then it was a long drive in the rain. Finally we arrived and went right back out to shop for groceries to use for dinner. My brother in law greeted us on our first arrival and my nieces greeted us on our return from shopping. While my brother in law was out at his football coaches banquet, we prepared and ate some food.

Then after my sister came home from her job, we ate the food we had prepared.

I drank a lot of water so will need to make sure I packed my pajamas in my backpack and know the path to the bathroom.

After dinner we played four games of euchre, men against the women. We went easy on them allowing them to win all four. My brother in law dealt my mother two loaners. Even though my sister was the beneficiary of the scoring that resulted, she accused him of brown nosing.

The games are incidental to the jokes and laughter. Even being the butt of the joke is a good place to be with family. I did notice a "billiard parlor" down the road. I'm going to have to practice so I can surprise my father. (Writing this here will certainly blow the surprise. He is probably my most regular reader.) Oh well, the surprise will then be not following through and having him practice unnecessarily. My Life after Layoff is full of surprises, mostly for me.

No comments: