Friday, December 5, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-fifty-seven: First destination

Since I knew I didn't have far to go, I decided to sleep in. But, I woke up around 4:00 AM anyway. I wrote a little bit then turned the TV on and went back to sleep. (I don't know whether I bored myself or it was ultimately the TV that did it.) I finally got up around 8:00 AM. By the time I went down for breakfast, read the free USA Today, and went back up to my room for cleaning myself up and packing, I was checking out at 10:00 AM. I then drove across the road to a service station to pump up my low tire, again.

It was indeed a short drive into Columbus and a stop at one of the two Columbus, well, one is in Upper Arlington, Whole Foods. (There may have been others on my trip across the country but I didn't have the right city name to enter in my Prius' navigation system.) While at the Columbus Whole Foods, I purchased the ingredients and some of the cooking implements to make cupcakes, gingerbread, and whole wheat olive bread. I also dropped off another flyer for the Marilyn Westbrook Garment Fund.

Of course, they didn't have everything I wanted, so I went on to Sur La Table. It's really nice having a navigation system. What was even better, the only Sur La Table in the area was directly on the way to my sister-in-law's. The store next door was the Diamond Cellar, so I bought a longer chain for my and Marilyn's wedding bands. They are also fixing the engraving on the heart. I am to pick it all up December 23rd. (A Christmas present from me to me.)

Of course, I forgot to get all the stuff I was intending to get at Sur La Table and still needed to go out for olives. So once I got my car unloaded, I went out for the olives.

The nice thing about all the driving I've already done in and around Columbus is that I happened to drive by the Toyota dealer I will be taking the car to tomorrow for servicing. I won't even have to set up the navigation system. It's nice knowing where I'm going in my Life after Layoff. I just wish that were true in all aspects of "where I'm going." (Hey children, if you are reading this, note the correct use of the subjunctive mood.)

No comments: