Monday, December 15, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-sixty-five: Laughter!

Today I got a tour of the Glenville State College library where my oldest sister, still younger than me, is the director and tour guide.

Afterwards we bought some beer for company coming Saturday and some PowerBall tickets, also for the Saturday drawing.

My father and I played some more pool. I was still the loser overall but did win two by sinking the eight ball at the right time and into the pocket I called. My father quit playing for the day after my second "win" so I do not know whether or not I could have caught up.

I laughed all evening. First my oldest sister came in and we played Mystery Partner Euchre. I made the crib, the left over cards from the deal, my partner a couple of times. My father also "stole" a loaner I had dealt myself by ordering up the bower that I would have definitely picked up and making me his partner. The two points we received for me taking all the tricks put both of us out. It was the only time I won and it was a half win.

Then we watched a marathon of "The Daily Show" and the "Colbert Report." My sister comes over every once and a while and watched these shows that my parents record on their DVR. I had seen many of them but laughed at the repeats even more. Laughter is truly contagious almost at any time and I need laughter in my Life after Layoff. The ones I had seen, I had seen alone.

No comments: