Friday, December 19, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-seventy: Nuts for games

After being told to sleep in long enough to make it a full eight hours, I did sleep in a little bit this morning. I was rudely awakened by my meditation timer as I tried to meditate in bed for my morning meditation. It doesn't work that well at night before I've slept.

After breakfast and morning cards, I cracked black walnuts for about a cup's worth of walnut meat. Black walnuts are something that no one in this house should have. If they are anything like their English cousin, ninety percent of their calories come from fat.

We then played lunch cards, a little pool, and a little work on the puzzle. (It is much further along than when my grand niece decided to make a puzzle mound where the building blocks were individual puzzle pieces. To make individual pieces, she had to disconnect the ones that were connected.) Just as I don't want to repeat my Life after Layoff tag lines, I hope not to repeat too many things in my Life after Layoff, especially putting the same puzzle back together. I think that if this opportunity ever comes again, I'll pass. Even losing at pool is better. (I'm repeating that often enough.)

Tonight was pizza night. Where I join my parents as they joined their friends. My parents and I had a no cheese vegetarian pizza. Their friends had a pepperoni pizza. Finally, just before bed, more pool, more puzzle, and more cards.

No comments: