Monday, December 8, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-sixty: Crying, Cards, TV, ...

In addition to crying, cards, TV, ..., there was a whole lot of visiting and laughter. (The laughter was aided in part by a joke book, Plato and a Platypus.)

The day started similarly to other days with whole wheat pancakes from a recipe out of Food for Life. I also baked the "almost no knead" olive bread I had mixed up the night before. If all I ate would have been what I made, the day's food consumption may have been at reasonable levels. Unfortunately there was a lot of other food prepared, primarily by my mother.

After my youngest sister left with her oldest daughter, I got cleaned up. Everyone left around me was grateful.

Then my parents and I shared. It was helpful. I have always known that I am not alone in my loss and grief, even as there are aspects that are unique. I feel that a lot of this trip is about crying again with my and Marilyn's family. I hope it is healing for everyone and not a further wallowing in it.

Through the tears, maybe even partly because of the tears, I recognize that life must go on. Indeed, I want this Life after Layoff to go on.

I have received word that the symbol and the words under it: "The Marilyn Westbrook Garment Fund," is now a trademark.

As far as the cards go, I won as much as I lost, cards that is not money. Even in losing I felt like a winner. I am visiting my parents in a Christmas card setting.

No comments: