Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-seventy-eight: Christmas Day

Back to winging it again. I kind of like writing my thoughts out with pen and paper before I type them into this blog but it does make for a lot of typing when I finally get computer access. Like today, it happens in the really off hours or I am thought to be an anti-social person like the hermit I really am. I'm living counter to type most of the time because, even though I enjoy some time alone, I have had a year of too much of it.

Today was a day of too: too much food, too many gifts, too little exercise, ...

Once again the presents were most appropriate. I'm particularly looking forward to hanging the hummingbird feeder I got as one of them. Another was an Ohio State "hoodie." (Here I am an Ohio State alumnus and other than my diploma, which I can't find, I didn't have anything with Ohio State on it.) My daughter and her husband gave me a couple books that are appropriate in more than one way: I like to read and these are all about what I want to do. I can't wait! Then there were cold weather clothes and emergency cold weather supplies, which I will be carrying with me on the rest of my travels.

My son-in-law has been sick all day with what he at first thought was food poisoning. We are now thinking it is stomach flu. I feel badly that he is feeling badly but can't help but hope that it stops with him. Maybe it is a variety that was covered in my flu shot. My brother-in-law was up until 3:00 AM or so last night and is still up tonight, along with his wife. It would be the pits if we were to visit illness on them as well as they have treated us. Before my Life after Layoff, one of my favorite sayings was: "No good deed goes unpunished."

No comments: