Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day One-hundred-and-eighty-three: Pre-breakfast walking

The day started with a Docent led walk around the farm. I used my hiking boots rather than my mud boots. The ground was mostly frosted but even though the mud was still very much mud underneath, my hiking boots actually finished cleaner than they started. (My mud boots are built for the cold a little better.)

The rest of the day has been a blur of eating, playing, jigsaw puzzle working, and the consequences of eating. I did do the fitness test on the Wii and came out, after the second time, with an "age" of 42. (Anything that makes me feel younger is okay by me.)

A little work was done, by others. My youngest daughter and her husband finished welding the "bridge to nowhere." In the process of pulling it to its eventual position a gate post was substantially rocked, both in the widening of the hole it was in and in the rocks used to fill that hole to keep it somewhat upright.

I slept in the multi-bed dormitory, a.k.a. pool hall, by myself, and will be doing so for at least one more night. (The rest of the New Year's celebrants are to arrive tomorrow.) This has allowed me to practice quite a few racks. I wish I could say its helping me but I'm losing as often as I win.

This has been another great Life after Layoff day. What little work was done was done by others. There was lots of laughter. And, all of my children and their spouses are here.

No comments: