Monday, January 12, 2009

Day One-hundred-and-ninety-six: So much for early

I went to bed around 10:00 PM and woke up nine hours later. So much for my morning person persona returning. I guess I'm going to have to set an alarm clock to reset my habit to earlier. Maybe it wasn't the time zone changes after all. Maybe it was just the crappy beds. At least I got right to work when I did get up. (I hadn't washed my travel pillow case the whole trip and I don't remember when I washed the bed sheets before I left. They are washed now.)

If only the rest of the day had been as industrious as the first couple hours. Out of necessity, I did go grocery shopping. I did read the Toastmaster's manual on my next speech. (It doesn't fit what I've been asked to speak about, except the part where I'm to do it from memory without notes.)

Finally I gave up and rented a movie, "Burn Before Reading." I guess it was worth the rental fee but I wouldn't want to see it again or impose it on anyone else.

Even though today didn't work out to be the start of my next stage of Life after Layoff, I remain optimistic. Well, I remain hopeful. Well, I remain.

I am definitely going to bed early again tonight but 7:00 PM is a little too early. Well, maybe not. It is 10:00 PM EST. This would definitely either get me a lot of rest of get me up early. Morning person here I come.

No comments: