Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day One-hundred-and-eighty-eight: Cold in Columbus

Well, actually it is above freezing at 9:00 PM in Columbus. However, I have a head cold. If I didn't get it from my oldest sister, still younger than me except in Wii, I got it from her youngest daughter. Now I know that the Rhino virus is with us all the time and I probably got it by not getting enough rest. To this end as soon as I finish this entry I will be drinking a hot toddy and heading to bed.

I'm looking forward to getting the best night's sleep I've had in my Life after Layoff. I will try and sit up more in bed using multiple pillows and make sure I keep my forehead warm. If this doesn't clear it up tonight, I will get some symptom medicine so I can head out of here on time.

I want to make sure I have enough travel time built in so I can get back before my plants die after the watering I arranged stops. I also want to use my new toilet and see the work in person rather than by picture. (This anticipation is all part of my New Year's Resolution which I reported in yesterday's entry.)

I've enjoyed my visiting but with the Columbus crowd working, my sister-in-law is planning on getting up at 5:30 AM tomorrow, the visiting can quickly become an imposition, keeping them and me up way too late. Besides, I don't want to deplete their immune systems and give them an extra dose of virus on the side.

Tomorrow is a final get together, but it is more for my daughter and her husband. Many of the spouses of relatives won't be there due to The Ohio State University playing Texas. If I don't go, it will be because my cold will make everyone miserable not because I would prefer to watch my university win a football game. (Besides, I know how likely it really is that they will win. I believe!)

On Tuesday, I hope to stop in and visit my cousin in Springfield as well as make a healthy start on my trip home. (The hope is due to the status of my cold. I will call him tomorrow to let him know.)

No comments: