Friday, July 18, 2008

Day Eighteen: Demolition day

Just as a few days ago I had a successful day of shredding and tossing, today consisted of demolition. It was fun to wield a crowbar and strip off redwood 2x4's from an arbor that inconveniently is where my new shed needs to go.

What with more book sorting in the morning, more strawberries for lunch, this time with chocolate, and finding tools to do the demolition, including the ladder, I didn't get to the demolition until late in the afternoon. So, I only got the top boards off.

I also got a call from the founder of the charity that created the memorial fund, Marilyn Westbrook Garment Fund, for my wife. I have a couple of assignments to prepare for the conference where I will be staffing a booth for her fund. The expected dress is jacket and tie. After losing weight and wearing business casual for years for work, my selection of jackets and ties are, well, limited. Good thing I was going to go shopping and altering for my son's wedding coming up two weeks after the conference.

I still have books all over my bedroom floor. I still have the big boards to demo on the arbor. I still have a dirty truck with a bed full of shed. But, I had strawberries and chocolate. Great desserts give meaning to Life after Layoff.

No comments: