Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day Twenty-nine: Recuperating

Today was a vegetate day. I'll admit it, my daughters worked me too hard over the weekend. I took anticipatory preventative aspirin and still couldn't fall asleep until late last night. This led to doing sedentary things all day. I scanned a few slides. I made a few phone calls. I took a nap.

I hope tomorrow is a more ambitious day with renewed dedication to eating right. I got on the scales and even though I exercised to the point of physical pain working on the front yard, I weighed substantially more than my low point. As a result of my weight gain, I've been putting off my suit purchase and alteration date.

This day would be the Life after Layoff of Reilly, if someone were around to wait on me. I don't think I could take that for long, but one day ...

No comments: