Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day Twenty-six: Shed building and storing

As soon as I find my camera, I will have to take a picture of my new shed and learn to post it in a blog, this blog.

The day started early, earlier for me than my daughters. My youngest daughter said that we should get up at 6:00 AM to get an early start on the shed. Then later after they went to bed, they agreed that 7:00 AM was a much better time to be getting up. If I hadn't already gotten up at 6:00, I would have agreed.

Anyway, we had overnight slow cooked steel cut Irish oats for breakfast, with lots of dried fruit. (That was one of the reasons we had to stop at a grocery store yesterday on our way home.) The other reason was to get the ingredients for making a no knead bread. Well actually a low knead bread. It is baked while in a dutch oven with a lid on it for about a half an hour and then finished baking with the lid off. It makes a great tasting artisan bread.

Well, we got the shed up in about three hours. Then, while my two daughters went to a play, I got the boxes out of my bedroom and into the shed. Then after the play, we moved more stuff into the shed while my daughters went wild on my yard. They cleaned, cut, pulled, and crammed. Not only did they cram my green bin full, they filled several other smaller containers.

After a meal at Tam's in Pacifica, they designed a landscaping plan for the front yard. The sod that the previous owners slapped down to sell the place was a pain to mow and difficult to water. The weeds grew nicely.

It was a nice fulfilling day like most of them are in my Life after Layoff.

No comments: