Monday, July 7, 2008

Day Six: Watching DVDs and playing games

I've been sleeping in later and later. The last couple of days sleeping might be partially explained by staying up later. Last night was, well, this morning around 1:00 AM. Well, anyway, I slept in with the kind of deep sleep that had me a little woozy when I first got up. I also remembered a dream.

Now, I typically ignore dreams, well, actually I don't remember them, but this dream was about me giving a speech on all the successes: business, personal, my wife's memorial charity; since my Life after Layoff began. I was particularly intrigued by this business idea that engendered the success that was what the speech was primarily about. I've written it down and will be looking into it more closely.

This was a truly lazy day. The most energy I could summon was to go with my daughter to her workplace because we were going to Whole Foods for road snacks for my trip back home the next day. Before we headed off, I think I actually napped a little bit through the playing of the deleted scenes of "Dogma," which was my first Kevin Smith movie for the second time.

Some of the napping may have been a food coma from the substantial lunch or the 10.8% alcohol Lobotomy Bock beer I had with it. Life after Layoff is, well, restful, at least for me, stress free.

I was determined to go to bed early tonight to make sure I could avoid another wake up call. Instead, we played a couple of rounds of Starship Command. It is a very intriguing card came, not with poker playing cards. My beginners luck had me win the first round, which led to another. Out of three players, I came in second the second time. Since we were going to go to bed by midnight, there was no third time, or I probably would have come in third. Maybe by the next time I play this interesting game I will forget enough of it to trigger beginner's luck again.

No comments: