Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day Twenty-four: More memories

While I don't intend for my Life after Layoff to be so dominated by my memories, today was another day of exactly that. Today I scanned slides of Marilyn and my visit to the Grand Canyon, including our day trip on mule back half-way down and back. I'll leave the actual discussion of that experience to my Memories of Marilyn blog and when I learn to include pictures.

I scanned pictures of our first married Christmas and the origins of a somewhat family tradition of a Fun Hunt. Also more about that in my Memories of Marilyn blog, but yes I did have her looking behind the toilet and in the freezer for clues to the next clue and finally her gift.

I scanned pictures of ..., and I have a lot more to go.

I also had a couple of long breaks. In order to install software, which didn't work once installed, I disabled the virus protection and disconnected from the Internet. When I reconnected to the Internet to send a couple of the pictures I scanned, I re-enabled the virus protection, which immediately started scanning. Rather than stop the virus scan to speed the slide scanning, I just took a break.

I cut my thumb yesterday morning while dicing a fresh white peach. Today I decided that it wasn't healed enough to wash dishes so I had to go out shopping for food that didn't need to be cooked. I decided on bagels and hummus. I also bought some beer. I don't normally drink anything alcoholic when I'm alone but somehow this day may lend itself to doing so.

When is the grief going to fade so I can enjoy the joy? I had 30 wonderful years...

No comments: