Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day Twenty-two: Charity cards

I had two objectives today: get my hair cut and start scanning slides. The slide scanning didn't work out because the software didn't install. I did get my hair cut as well as a few more things done.

I dropped off a reprint to an article I wrote for my favorite charity, the Marilyn Westbrook Garment Fund, at the place I get my hair cut. I also included several copies of a prototype "charity card." This is so people who read the article can take a "card" and hopefully be reminded to donate something.

These "cards" are normal business card size, two inches by three and one half inches, and reference both the National Lymphedema Network website as well as the direct link, above, to the special fund honoring and memorializing my wife. I had hoped to include a copy of the "card" here but don't yet know enough about html to do so.

I also got the next best things to checks in the mail, books. I received not one, not two, but three books. Unfortunately they weren't gifts and thus a surprise, but an Amazon.com order I had placed. Since they go here so fast, I must have paid a shipping premium. Not going into work means that my Life after Layoff means more Internet shopping.

I did drive about ten miles today. According to my Prius mileage calculator, I'm getting 48 MPG, which means I used less than a dollar's worth of gas, or less than 33 cents a day. (I didn't drive anywhere the previous two days.)

I also determined, by reading the picture book on how to put the shed together that I better wait on it until I have some help. It calls for two people for things like the roof. By the way, the pictures show the two people putting it together wearing safety glasses.

Two days too late for it to do any good, I found my one pound claw hammer. After I couldn't find it anywhere in the garage or my other sheds, I should have thought to look in the next most obvious place, my kitchen. It took me a long time today to remember why it was in the kitchen, beyond I sat it down and left it there. But, I finally did remember. I took it in to the kitchen over a month ago to reinstall the rollers on my butcher block, now rolling again, stand alone island. Hey, I go into the kitchen every time I want to get a tape measure where I always know I can find one. (Except the last time I got it, I did not put it away. Now I will have to find it in some other room so I can put it back in the kitchen so I can find it.)

No comments: