Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day Nine: Memories are overwhelming

I can't help but think I shouldn't have started titling these entries with the number of days I've been laid off. Assuming I keep doing it, I think I will have problems should this layoff period get into some higher numbers. With all that I'm planning on doing with this remarkable freedom, it may take at least one hundred and eighty days.

Today was a lazier day, again. After tackling my office yesterday, I was left with picking it up, filing, today. That went a lot slower than the shredding and tossing. I even had to make the little paper inserts that go in the plastic tabs for the hanging file folders. Although I was creating some new files, I will not be going through the old files just yet.

I did look in just one folder and was almost overwhelmed. While I never appreciated my wife's filing system, she used envelopes, binders and hanging folders, she did keep it all tucked away. The one hanging folder I opened had too many memories. I took a break and the work is still undone. It is hard to keep this blog light and humorous, although readers may disagree, after what happened today.

I thought I was mostly cried out in the first six months of this year, but I guess crying is still part of my Life after Layoff. I'll be better tomorrow.

No comments: