Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Sixteen: Nothing done except the day

While I hope there will be lots of days like this, but not necessarily before I have all that I need to do done.

In the book Discover Your Strengths and the associated Internet test, you can find out which of 34 strengths are your top five in order of score. My number one is Achiever. This means that I have to accomplish something every day, well, I have to feel that I accomplish something.

Today I bought another hose and watered the back yard. After 24 hours of charging the battery on my truck still wasn't fully charged. I took it off but decided not to start it just drive it a short distance to the stores so late in the day. I will be going to Home Depot and Costco tomorrow to shop for a shed. Yes, I shop. Well, I shop until I find something that will work for what I am willing to pay. I guess I am going to have to learn to find the best bargain to conserve money. I'm going to Home Depot and Costco because I already shopped online.

I also talked to a person who is helping me get some money for my wife's memorial charity. I'll find out tomorrow how much more needs to be gone through to actually get it. I'd like to get some business cards printed up with the logo and the URL to encourage other donations.

I also took all the mail that has been delivered for the previous residents to the post office. Oh yes, I mailed my earthquake insurance, my RSVP to my son's wedding, and a thank you to some friends.

I feel a little better. I got more done than I thought I had and I didn't even write everything I did. The above list is probably more than enough to thoroughly discourage any readers. It's an exciting Life after Layoff.

No comments: