Friday, July 18, 2008

Day Seventeen: Sheds, shirts, and strawberries

Today was an "s" shopping day. In addition to the list in the title, I also bought salad and shorts, the kind that come in a package of six.

As reported yesterday, I shopped online for sheds and found two that were roughly comparable in price at two stores I could easily get to. So, this morning I hopped into my now starting truck and drove first to Costco. Costco had a different shed at the store with just a slightly reduced price so I got it. I also got a couple dark micro-weave T-shirts, and four pounds of organic strawberries.

Now that I've had two meals with strawberries and haven't made any noticeable dent in the remaining amount, I realize that I wasn't thinking. I guess that combined with them being organic, my wife loving strawberries, and a brain burp, I loaded up on the things. Perhaps it was the memories of the very non-vegan strawberry shortcake my wife used to make. I am searching for a substitute in my Veganomicon, which is supposed to be the Joy of Cooking for vegans.

Now, it took three of us to load each of the three shed boxes into the back of my truck. So, there they have sat since I got home. I guess figuring out how to do things by myself is just part of my Life after Layoff.

The big accomplishment today was not the shopping but rather starting on the boxes of books in my bedroom. So far I have books in stacks by author over a good portion of my floor; books in drawers; books in five boxes to give away/sell; and books in boxes destined for my new shed.

No comments: