Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day Twenty-five: TGIF

At least this Friday. I had a lot of work to get done before my daughters showed up. I even had to make a to do list. First, I had to wash their bed's sheets, well, replace their bed sheets. This also afforded me a good opportunity to wash mine and turn my bed.

My daughters showed up before dinner. If I didn't have everything done on my list, it wasn't going to stop our fun. We went out to dinner at Chez Shea in Half Moon Bay. Good food and a whole bottle of wine split between my oldest daughter and me. My youngest volunteered to be the designated driver. We closed the place down. As it turned out, that wasn't so late, just a little past 8:30 PM.

On our way home, we stopped at a grocery store. This appears to be a family tradition, going out for a nice evening and at some point while out, stopping at a grocery store. My wife and I used to do it all the time, even when it was a dress up event. I can't say that this was dress up. In fact, dressing up is definitely not part of my Life after Layoff.

No comments: