Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day Thirteen: Balloons and Open Houses

Maybe it's not the sun after all. I got up later today. The only difference was I had the door closed and didn't hear any roosters.

Of the several treats this morning, the most visually stunning was the flotilla of hot air balloons over Medford. I could see nine in the gaps of the trees and there may have been more blocked by trees. They certainly weren't moving very fast.

Today was Open House day. After a lazy morning, at least mine was lazy, (My daughter was learning caning from her mother-in-law, my son-in-law and his father were framing the canoe seats that the caning was to be for.), we went house looking. While my daughter likes going to Open Houses for its own merits, just like her mother did, this was for the purpose of getting ideas about the kind of house that they might get when they move to that area. Depending on job availability and physical ability to hike the PCT, it can be early next year or late next year.

We saw several houses with only one being that perfect combination of price and cosmetic seediness that would allow them to enhance their profit through sweat equity. We took turns driving the Prius. There were five people in it, over a hundred degrees outside of it and at least 78 inside with the air conditioner running at maximum.

After house looking, we drove to Ashland and walked in Lithia Park before a very good dinner. The last time my wife and I were in Ashland, we had done exactly the same thing, just not in the same order. We had walked in Lithia Park and looked at houses. If there hadn't been the small need to make money, we would have been in Ashland back then. I think my wife would have loved this Life after Layoff. I know I wish she were here to be able to.

No comments: