Monday, October 20, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-twelve: Relaxing is "cool"

After I made my Mango and Black Bean Salad, let it set for a few minutes while I finished up my exercises, after I ate some of it, and still later when I had to eat a large heirloom tomato I had just bought, I hung my sky chair and used a mind mapping technique to outline my Toastmaster speech coming up this Thursday. When I finished the outlining, I went inside and checked the temperature outside. It was 58. So I put a jacket over my sweatshirt, put on my winter hat with the ear flaps down, put on my warm cross-country skiing gloves, and went back out for some quiet time, more of my "trans-incidental" meditation.

Today relaxing was "cool" in more than one way. I was warm and did relax. It's great that I have the clothes that allow me to enjoy the outdoors regardless of temperature in this Life after Layoff. I'm going to have to find a few more layers of warm clothes for my impending road trip back to Ohio and West Virginia.

Then I came in, watched a little TV, ate a little more, made up a loaf of whole wheat olive bread for rising, and typed up my speech. I still haven't read it through for timing, nor have I edited it for improvement or time, which is in its own way an improvement. Shorter is better.

Somehow another whole day has gone by. While I'm not looking forward to bed, per se, I am looking forward to tomorrow. I have no particular reason to be doing so other than every day seems to be getting better. Based on my good feelings about today, tomorrow will be great.

No comments: