Monday, October 13, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-five: Great day missing pieces

When I went out to water the back yard, the warmth, the dryness, the sun, the perfectness of the day just struck me. I decided that it would be a great day to just sit out in the sky chair and enjoy. Then I spent the rest of the day looking for the pieces. I found the unopened sky chair. I found the cloth and rope portion of the opened sky chair, in my second more thorough looking in the garage. Then I spent the next two hours looking for the poles that look like various lengths of closet hanging rods. I finally found them in my second more thorough looking in the storage shed. I didn't shift too many things around before I found them in plain sight, up against the wooden lawn table.

After sticking the sticks in all the right places, by then the sun was a little lower and the day not quite as perfect but I enjoyed the time I spent out there. The planes, the construction, the children, the adult intervention, the cars, ... but also the birds, the bugs, the green, the flowers, ... It was a great time. It was also peaceful and quite the spot to meditate. I'm still, well, still. Today was a practically perfect Life after Layoff.

Speaking of "practically perfect," this is something to which I have aspired ever since I saw "Mary Poppins" when I was young. (It is also something I claimed to be to my young children and at least my oldest one believes it is in the genes. It is and I am.)

The rest of the day was more normal and less notable. I did do another self-assessment test. I've eaten plenty, which makes the Fasting Handbook, Dining on an Empty Bowl more attractive. I've read it once but haven't identified any fast that I should partake of. It has quite clear schedules of entry and exit, which means that I need to plan for it, particularly planning so none of my food spoils.

No comments: