Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-thirteen: Intermittent tapping

I noticed that the temperature outside was three degrees warmer than inside so I jumped up to take advantage of it. I went out for one of my more pleasant rituals, sitting in my sky chair hung on the willow tree. I was well into my "trans-incidental" meditation when I noticed a tapping that sounded like it was right above me. I enjoyed it for a while then I heard the whirr of a hummingbird, also right above me. I couldn't resist and opened my eyes. Sure enough, there was a smallish red headed woodpecker with a hummingbird somewhat hovering around it. I watched for a while then went back to my meditation. The music of the birds, including other birds' voices continued for quite a while. Even without the meditation that experience would have been relaxing.

I'm glad I'm exercising more. I baked the whole wheat olive bread this morning and have already eaten about half of it. I did cut down on some of my other food consumption but calorie for calorie, not nearly enough.

I got a call from Chicago today. The Obama campaign has accepted my volunteering and gave me a choice of Colorado or Nevada. I was hoping for Ohio. Of the two, I chose Nevada. Now Nevada needs to call to fit me in. Since I'm going to be there anyway, I may see if I can get some gambling in.

Since I hadn't heard, I have made other plans, including Thursday night Toastmasters and a Halloween weekend trip to my oldest daughter's and son-in-law's house. Yes, this is the same weekend before the November 4th election day.

I also got an email reminding me of a laid off executive support group meeting occurring this Thursday. I guess I fit that description but I'm sure my non-employment objectives are different than any of the other attendees.

Except for overeating, and that was on truly good food, today was everything I predicted it would be yesterday, a truly great day in my Life after Layoff.

No comments: