Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-six: "Tonsorialectomy"

The highlight of the day was probably waiting for my haircut. I arrived on time for my haircut but the shop was closed. It turned out that the owner has misplaced her schedule book and went to her house to look for it unsuccessfully. But I didn't know that at the time so I stretched my legs on the stairs. I did a little standup relaxation and when I found out how difficult it was to close my eyes and maintain my balance, I tried a little wall leaning relaxation. I looked at the paintings. I looked at the hills. I even stared at the fence that had just had some vine removed from it. I walked around a little bit, primarily to find a trash can to dispose of a bit of trash I had taken out of my car. I called her cell phone but didn't leave a message. I called her home phone, which my wife had in her phone's call list, now mine, with her name spelled wrong, but didn't leave a message. Finally I called her cell phone again to leave a message about rescheduling and she answered.

That's when I learned that she was at her house, which is just around the corner from mine, looking for her scheduler and would be there quickly. I did some more leaning, walking in the hall, and sure enough, she was right there. I had it cut shorter than the last time. It seemed to grow out to a length that bothered me too fast the last time. I don't mind getting it cut every month but don't want the last couple of weeks to be a bother.

Now all I have to contend with is the itchiness of all those microscopic hair particles that somehow always get down my shirt. It could be psychosomatic.

The next highlight was the arrival of my exercise equipment, which I will mostly use in non-exercising ways. I bought a step platform for sitting on the floor. From a different company I bought a foam yoga mat for sit ups and as a pad under my somewhat crossed legs while I'm sitting on the step platform doing my meditation. I can't wait to try them tonight.

Then finally, I got out my "Thumper" massage device. My upper arms and pecs are sore, almost too sore to "thump." Needless to say I have not done my "Perfect Pushups" today. While that may be the best way to get over the soreness fastest, I can't. I'm that sore.

It's been a good day. I look better. Except for the soreness, I feel better. And, I got both of my orders from two different Internet companies on the same day. I even got my Life after Layoff budget updated.

I also got some good mail, along with a rather large bill. The bill would have come anyway so the good mail was quite welcome. My only daughter-in-law sent a thank you card, which my son also signed. I also got an "immigration" packet from my daughter-in-law's grandparents on Corvallis. They live there and I have thought about doing so at some point in my Life after Layoff.

No comments: