Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day Ninety-two: Sleeping my life away

I've gotten into a bad cycle, staying up late, getting up relatively early, and, at least today, taking a nap in the afternoon. Realizing I was in a late cycle, I decided to make the Almost No Knead whole wheat olive bread today. In previous bread making, I had always let it raise through the night for at least ten hours. Today I got it mixed up around 9:00 AM and started the second raising around 6:00 PM. Not only is this a shorter raising time than my normal minimum overnight time, it commits me to baking until after 9:00 PM. (Which also means that I will be eating some bread late but hopefully before or no later than 10:00 PM.) Yes, it is that good, which is also why my vegan diet has stopped losing weight.

Today, in addition to my continued outplacement education, I prepared my Life after Layoff budget. Due to my housing expenses, around $25,000/year, I need more than an ideal amount annually for early retirement, particularly with the current stock market volatility although today the volatility was at least the right direction.

All of this is means that I need to get more disciplined about my days, including a chore list. This sounds like a good application for a spreadsheet application. I could even write it on a Windows platform using Visual Basic Application but have yet to learn Apple Script. I am done with procrastination--after today, well, at least after this week, unless I just have to get out and have some fun.

Speaking of fun, it would be fun to travel to Nevada and do some gambling. However, my favorite form of gambling, the craps table, has been somewhat ruined because it appears to be McCain's favorite form of gambling. Does that similarity make me sound older? At least I'm not as compulsive about it as he appears to be. Nor am I as rich, not that I would have ever thought to ask for a table to be set up in my room. It would be a lot easier to go to bed more quickly and would be a non-smoking environment...

No comments: