Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day Eighty-seven: Calling strangers

Before I knew it, it was 11:30 and I had to get cleaned up and run out the door. It was my day to call people on behalf of Obama. My time for doing so was limited by the battery in my cell phone. Still, I called several numbers with the high percentage being "not at home." The next highest was "number disconnected," possibly due to foreclosures. There were several Spanish only, which I marked as "Spanish" for another call from someone who spoke Spanish. Most of the actual contacts were voting for Obama with a very few undecided and only one voting for the other guy.

I have to say that the Obama campaign is a class act. Besides, they loved my vegan chocolate cupcakes with the fluffy buttercream frosting.

I mixed the frosting up this morning as the bread was making its final raise. Then I made the mistake of putting it in the refrigerator. As I was rushing around to go, I tried icing with my now solid frosting. It still tasted good but didn't really spread all that well. The nicest thing was that my tupperware cupcake holders, i.e., deep enough for cupcakes with icing and still be covered, didn't hold them all. So, I ate the two that were excess.

This was my dessert after my lunch of my last heirloom tomato in the house on my just made whole wheat bread. On my way back from San Carlos, I stopped at Whole Foods and got some more. I had to. I have the perfect tomato sandwich bread and didn't have anymore perfect tasting tomatoes. Heirloom tomatoes are my fruit of choice in this Life after Layoff.

As I was driving up to my house, I saw my neighbor. I rolled down my window and asked if he wanted some of my excess beer. I have reduced my inventory by 16 bottles of Stella Artois. I still don't like to drink by my self.

No comments: