Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day Seventy-five: More wine, beer, and, this time, song

In short, my son got married to a wonderful woman. I wish them the rest of their life as happy as they are now. While it was a whirlwind for them to fall in love, they waited over a year and a half to get married. After Marilyn said yes, we were married in a month (only because we couldn't get it done in two weeks), less than four months after I met her.

The ceremony was good. My son walked the mother of the bride to her seat and then took me in, holding my hand.

It was a most joyous evening. Only one song made me cry, the "significant other's" song. Fortunately I had to go to the bathroom and the distance and "muzak" in the bathroom allowed me to regain my composure.

Since food seems to be a recurring theme in many of my posts, I should point out that the whole day was one of being off my diet. By "diet" I don't mean calories, I consumed sufficient numbers of those as well. What I did mean is that I ate non-vegan food, particularly the cheesecake wedding cake. There was no way I wasn't going to have a piece of my son's wedding cake.

Since my oldest daughter didn't have dancing at her wedding, I was finally able to dance with her. I also danced with my mother and two of my sisters. My third sister had already left by the time the music started. I did not get to dance with my new daughter-in-law. All this dancing proved one thing to me: I still need lessons, yet another thing to do in my Life-after-Layoff, one of the more fun things. Yes, I enjoy dancing. I wish Marilyn and I had done more of it.

No comments: