Friday, September 19, 2008

Day Eighty-one: A wild life in Pacifica


On a morning walk in San Pedro Valley Park, my father spotted this bobcat, proof of my wild Life after Layoff.


Actually, today has been quiet all day, with plenty of food, of course. Tomorrow will be even more food with a little more walking. I hope to go to bed early so I can get up and beat my mother to cleaning up the kitchen. Tomorrow is their last full day of visiting. I don't have anything special planned but making steel cut oatmeal.

Today we played cribbage, watched TV, watched TV, and did I mention watch TV. I also watered my backyard plants and fed my compost pile. The only driving I did was to go walking. All in all, a very lazy day.

A special note on the cribbage, I lost every time, once by skunk. My father won two of the three times, once by skunking both my mother and me in the same game. I had avoided getting skunked the previous game by virtue of scoring first and getting eleven points on that hand and crossing the skunk line by just one point.

No comments: