Friday, September 5, 2008

Day Sixty-seven: Pick up and put away is now hide

I woke up today to reality. I was going to pick up things and put them away but I have run out of time. From this moment forward, I will be hiding things in my junk room, the garage, and in the storage shed. This means that I needed to get some more boxes to hide things in. For this I have an errand to Costco. I don't want to buy anymore boxes from the UPS Store. They really cost. So, I saved $3.50 a box. I only had to buy ten of them. Of course, the rum and beer for my guests, the year's supply of trash bags, the two half gallons of juice because they came packaged together, ... Not to mention that the store was further away. (I was also able to get gas though.)

I also woke up in the dark. I was up before 5:00 AM. I had the bread doing the second rise by 5:30 AM and my breakfast eaten by 6:00. Then I moved a few things around, boxes to the garage, baked the bread, and cleaned up the kitchen. It started out a long day.

Some time ago I sent out an email to my family saying that I felt better, and I probably did. Today though I really feel better. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm getting sick.

Well, I used half of them. I packed everything lying around loose. I packed the slides that I scanned and have yet to scan. I packed miscellaneous items loosely even to use that much. I also threw away, well, recycled, all my magazines. If I had a reading rack in the bathroom, it would have been a good place to put them. It's good to see the floor again. It's good to get the tops of furniture pieces cleared off. It's good to get rid of dust. I should have guests more often.

Entertaining, a new facet in my Life after Layoff.

No comments: