Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day Seventy-nine: Eating and shopping, grocery shopping

After the final two of my sisters with two of their daughters left this morning, my parents and I settled in for some real down time. This involved playing cribbage, watching TV, going out to eat lunch, and buying food. When we returned home and actually started fixing the food, I discovered that I had forgotten to buy two key ingredients. What else could we do but go out to another grocery store.

After all the walking of the previous two days, a vegan day of vegetating suited the old and older folks just fine.

Dinner was great with lots of left overs. My mother made vegan potato salad. I made mango black bean salad. We also had tomato and onion open face sandwiches using the two pound tomato my father had found at Whole Foods. (There was even some of that left over.)

I have a loaf of whole wheat olive bread raising in the oven.

Everyone of my sisters left me money, money they could use more than me. Christmas gifts are funded... (The problem with gifts is that they require shopping. Since I love it so much, not, I'd better get started.) Maybe I'll do some of it on the road to Ohio and West Virginia as I drive there for December.

Before I can go to bed tonight, I need to fold the clothes that are on my bed, one of three loads that I've done today. (The last one is still in the dryer.) There always seems to be some last thing to do in this Life after Layoff.

No comments: