Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day Eighty: The scenic route

Today was a day of leisure: a leisurely breakfast followed by a leisurely walk in San Pedro Valley Park, a leisurely lunch followed by a leisurely 30-mile drive to go five miles to a Barnes and Noble. Then, an even more leisurely evening in front of the TV, even eating dinner in front of it. (I like it out in the common room.)

It didn't start all that leisurely as I got up early to bake my Whole Wheat Olive Bread, which was truly delicious with tomato sandwiches at lunch. Accomplishment and leisure is a great Life after Layoff.

How we happened to take the scenic route up El Camino Real was due to my over dependence on the Prius' navigation system. We wanted to go to a Barnes and Noble bookstore to get an Atlas so we could "map" out my December dart to Ohio and West Virginia, a possible run to Alaska next year, and thoughts on a "whizzing around North America" on my motorcycle. So, I plugged Barnes and Noble into the Prius as a POI and selected what I thought was the Tanforan Mall Barnes and Noble. After breezing by it on I-380 and then driving down 101 all the way to 92, I realized what I had done. So, we drove all the way back to Tanforan on El Camino Real, a "real" scenic route.

Once there, we ended up buying an Atlas from Target.

I had heard so much about the true investigative journalism on Sarah Palin that the National Enquirer was doing that we also bought an issue. I had heard much of what was written from other sources and the writing was not all that great. I didn't read any of the other articles. (I know that sounds like I didn't inhale, but I didn't.)

We had thought to watch a cute movie my mother was looking for at Barnes and Noble but ended up watching West Virginia lose to Colorado while watching Countdown, Rachel Maddow, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Then we all headed to bed. (I, of course, had this side trip to write this entry in my blog.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey dad thank you for all your help with everything. I can't wait to see you and everyone again. I am sorry you did not get to dance with my wife. If I hd been thinking I would have convinced her to give you a whirl. maybe another party!