Monday, September 22, 2008

Day Eighty-four: Late acting long lasting sleeping pill

Since I rarely plan on staying in bed for eight hours, I even more rarely take a sleeping pill. (I bought some after Marilyn passed away as I was told that sleeplessness is often a result of grief.) I took one or two but they never seemed to work. Last night as I was folding clothes at midnight, I decided to take one last night about a half an hour before I actually went to bed. I don't know whether it worked last night, but it certainly worked today. I have been napping between little duration chores all day. I just hope all this napping doesn't mean that I won't be able to sleep tonight. I'm not going to take another one and sleep tomorrow away as well.

In between my naps and phone calls, I did get some things accomplished. I got the kitchen cleaned up before I dirtied it up again baking beer bread. (I didn't use the butter it recommended and did have a little trouble getting it out of the pan.) I also gave my "A Bronx Tale" tickets to Kelly for her parents. I don't think she thought I was asking her out as I wasn't. I did think for a bit before I called to make sure I didn't blurt out a line that she could confuse as an invitation. The delivery was made while I was on my way to Safeway to buy flour and granulated sugar among other things. I called the out placement services my former employer arranged for but they weren't in today. I called Daly City Honda Motorcycle to get my motorcycle in for servicing, but they are closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Well, there is still more to do than I've gotten done. I have a few days to do that even as I start learning more about my work options in my Life after Layoff. I did start the day off right by making my bed this morning. After all, I was the last person to get up.

No comments: