Friday, August 8, 2008

Day Thirty-nine: Selling and dumping

After several tries at posting on Craig's List from my MacBook and Safari browser, I burned a CD of my pictures and went to my PC laptop. I would like to say that they posted right away but after the fourth post, I stopped receiving the emails in my AOL account. Finally I figured out that my PC (or AOL) had frozen. So, I restarted my browser and resigned into AOL and there were my other posts to publish.

I even had my first nibble. The whole family came but decided not to buy the bedroom matching desk, dresser, and nightstand because the drawer bottoms were too thin. Before they came, I put some lemon oil on the tops and got rid of some water rings. I also emptied out the drawers and vacuumed them. I even moved the nightstand out. I was surprised to find under the nightstand the old DVD remote that I spent over $100 replacing. Now I have two for a DVD player that I haven't watched in months. I think I'll leave both of them in the guest bedroom, where the DVD player is, so that couples can fight over fast forwarding and pausing.

I also found some yoga videos for a VHS player that I don't have. I even did morning yoga with my daughters once or twice in Fremont. I'm much less limber than I was then and I wasn't very.

This morning I also made a trip to the landfill with all the sod I lifted for my stepping stones and bark. Since I was dumping dirt, you might say that it was land I was filling with land. It was much easier lifting the dirt into the truck, and back out again, than it was moving it to the side of the house. (I only needed to do this because I forgot to take out the trash last weekend. I've gotten out of the habit with my several weekends away.) I feel that my morning exercising is showing benefits already. If I keep it up, I may not be able to fit into my newly altered suits.

My lesson of the day is that Life after Layoff is a hard sell. In fact, I could make the claim that it is a "no sale," at least today. Oh well, better posting tomorrow.

No comments: