Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day Forty-four: Same-o same-o

Today wasn't quite the same old thing as I got up at 5:00 AM, to an alarm clock. Well, a timer that happened to be set for nine hours. Last night I prepared some slow-cook steel cut oatmeal in my crock pot. The instructions said to cook for eight to nine hours on low. Eight PM to Five AM is nine hours. I thought about putting it on later. The reason I set the timer was that previous non-timed slow cooking had resulted in crusty sides. The sides were still crusty but came off easier.

After my early morning breakfast, I went back to bed for a couple more hours.

I'm still scanning slides. It's slow going due to the nature of the mechanics of the slide scanning but also because I still have to take breaks. The memories are overwhelming sometimes.

Some good news, I found a poster template on Microsoft Publisher. I haven't started placing pictures and words on it but I can print it on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. I may see if Staples can print it on a full sized poster. I don't know whether to title it "30 years of love and joy" or "59 years of love and joy." I can scan pictures from earlier in her life, but it may be too much to cover.

Time is getting short. I need to get cooking, literally. Tomorrow I'm planning on making more cupcakes and Friday, baking bread. Saturday, I will be driving. I'll take my notepad so I can take notes and complete my daily blog entries after the fact, again.

Between cooking and cleaning, sleeping and reading, working and TV watching, I don't know where the day went. (Well, I really do but need to do better.) I guess planning needs to become my way of Life after Layoff.

No comments: