Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day Fifty-seven: Dropped at the end

Today started really well. I a spurt of creativity I now have a complete draft of the lyrics of a political song I've been hashing around on off and on for some time. I've been talking with my youngest sister as a possible singer.

I also had a reasonable breakfast, before I ruined it with another reasonable breakfast. There were also fewer dishes to clean up.

With what happened next, it is a good thing that I no longer have my over stressed hyper-reactive attitude. (Perhaps it was the feeling of complete satiation from the second reasonable breakfast.) Anyway, as I've written earlier, when I'm on the road, I make pen and paper notes for daily entry into this blog. Yesterday I couldn't even get onto the Internet using my daughter's and her husband's computer. Today was much worse. I got on and had completely typed in my "Day Fifty-five" with a link to the Marilyn Westbrook Garment Fund and not one but two references to my Life after Layoff catch phrase (Notice how I've cleverly brought all of these elements into this post as well?) when I was dropped. Well, their computer is hard wired to DSL so "dropped" probably incorrectly describes what happened, but, all my text disappeared with all its created on the fly language. This last is my real beef. Whether or not my words were golden, I know I will never get them reconstructed in the same way. [Since I just finished typing that post, this did indeed happen.]

After that let down, I did whatever any American male would do around noon, I went out for lunch.

My daughter made her favorite thing for dinner, reservations. We ate at the first restaurant that they took Marilyn and me to the first time the two of us visited them. We didn't sit at the same table and since that earlier time I became a vegan, I didn't eat the same thing.

After dinner and getting back to their house just after Clinton's speech, we worked on the poster until 9:30 PM. I took several pictures. As essentially pictures of pictures, I don't know if any of them are usable for posting, so probably won't even try. I've found that usefulness is always something known after, however speculated before, in this Life after Layoff. In a Corporate world, predictions better be true (budgets, earnings), or the consequences are dire.

No comments: