Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day Forty: Stuck at home selling

I'm not a good bargainer. Basically I'm taking whatever I'm offered. The smaller stuff is selling because so far the only people taking anything are picking it up in their cars. It's a good thing I put the dimensions in my Craig's List posting. Well, the cheapest stuff is selling. Tomorrow I hope to get rid of the FREE coffee table and matching end tables along with the now $25 desk.

One of the things already gone was the most useful of the items, the end table in the guest bedroom. That carried a lamp, with a CFL, is now on the bed with a lot of other stuff from the dresser's drawers. I may need to buy some more boxes.

I'm also going to dramatically lower my prices for the rest of the items. It is more important to get rid of them than to make a lot of money. I hope the lower prices encourage people with trucks or trailers to come and haul them away.

After the disposal, I then need to get the stuff that they made room for, which will allow getting rid of still more stuff. This cycle of disposal and acquisition loses money on every part of it, but that appears to be life, Life after Layoff. I just hope that it changes, or at least slows. It will have to, at least by the time I run out.

I have fewer slides to scan, but I still have some. Tomorrow's a cooking day. Next week is a cooking week.

No comments: