Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day Fifty-one: Plant care

The best thing you can say about my plant care is that my recent lack of care doesn't appear to have killed anything new. I know when I've gone too long without watering when the bird bath is dry. I had to water both front and back today. I still haven't started watering the yard itself. To do that regularly, I still need to get another hose. I'm planning on watering Sunday morning before I leave for San Diego via Pasadena, but I don't know whether or not the plants will last over seven days.

I picked up my suits today and called for my new toilet. It's now been three weeks for a two week delivery. According to my online credit card report, they already have my money.

When I checked my former work email today, there was a request to do a last task, a partial review of the people who reported to me. I don't see how I can get it done before I get back from San Diego, or even started for that matter. To my surprise, there is still old work in my Life after Layoff.

I'm trying to make some olive bread. I left out the Parmesan and rosemary but added the olives. I thought about making an olive whole wheat but decided I should just vary one ingredient. The next time I make it, I will use already pitted olives. The Rosemary, Olive, Parmesan bread called for green olives. I had some I needed to use but the greens hold on to their pits a lot more.

I hope there is some left of the bread for my oldest daughter to try. Not only should I not eat it all, ever since she was a toddler, she has liked olives. I used to have an olive snack and she would want to eat what I was eating. So I gave her one. She made a face and asked for another one. Now she is an olive gourmet. I think of this because I am picking her up Friday night. Saturday, maybe even Friday night, she is to go visit her best friend who is around from Sweden for a brief time. I need to at least wash her ride's windows.

Today, though, I bought and ate some food. I washed a couple loads of clothes. I finished catching up in my blogs. And, I'm going to go to bed, in my now clean bed, early. Forget the Olympics. But wait, the women's beach volleyball gold is supposed to be on.

No comments: