Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day One-hundred-and-forty-six: Better than To Do lists

As I sit here printing the last half, literally, of my Christmas letter, I thought I would start this day's entry.  I've decided that if I truly want to get on the road in the morning of the day after Thanksgiving, I need to go one step beyond a "to do" list.  I need a schedule.  Of course, what I need and what I'll actually do are vastly different things.  But because I haven't been working diligently every day, I am going to have to be ruthless in what I leave undone, do more stuff on the road trip, and still be more disciplined in my remaining four and one half days before I head out.

I also need a packing list, or at least someplace that I can stack all of the things I want to take.  I'm thinking of new things all the time and have not yet made a note of them or put them anyplace special.  I'll start doing that today and hope that it is soon enough.

I drove the truck to a "touchless" car wash but with all the vehicles already there, I decided to go back home to wash it.  On the way I stopped at a hardware store to buy a hose attachment to wash it.  I should have saved my money.  Not only did it not take off any of the wedding paint, it sprayed me about as much as the truck.  By using an old Dobie, I was able to scrub the paint off of the glass, smooth plastic, and painted body.  I wasn't able to take it off soft rubber or pebbly plastic.  While I was at the hardware store, I was ask about my recent marriage.

I finally found the secret to eating less, stay active.  I was less hungry and ate less of the food that is bad for me with all my outdoor activity.  This might be why most people put on weight during the winter months; it is more difficult to stay active.  (I really don't have that excuse in California.)  I'm still learning in my Life after Layoff.  

Since tomorrow is also the every other week green waste pickup, I not only swept up the driveway gutter before I washed the truck, I swept the back and side walks.  I filled the thing.

It was so nice out, rather than continue working, I went out and sat in the sky chair.

Then later, after dark I started on signing my Christmas Letters.  All in all, a relatively productive day.

No comments: